I don’t cook or should I say, I am not a fan of cooking. I always believe that cooking is not for me. I can cook rice (hindi sa rice cooker ha) or even Adobo and there’s also a viand (I forgot the name) that I have been cooking for a while. But two weeks ago, I decided to cook pasta, Tuna Pesto Pasta. I have been meaning to cook this before the start of December. This is something different. For the first time, I was willing to cook. No hesitation and walang reklamo.
Being the “first-timer” in the kitchen, nataranta ‘ko. I don’t know what to do first. Good thing, my brother and mother helped me to finish what I started. Nakakapagod pala magluto. Hahaha! But it was a good start, don’t you think? 🙂
So, why did I cook? 3 Reasons:
1. I want to do something else aside from doing from involving myself too much in front of the computer, sleeping, watching movies and doing nothing.
2. Staring to do this for my own survival and well, to make others happy (?)
3. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Anyway, here’s what I cooked..
And if you want to cook this, here’s the recipe:
Tuna Pesto Pasta
You will need:
- 250 grams penne pasta
- 6 cups water for boiling
- 3 tbsp rock salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
- 1 can tuna flakes in oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to prepare:
- Cook pasta using water and rock salt according to package direction.
- While cooking the pasta, blanch the tomatoes for one minute in the same boiling water. Remove the tomatoes and dip them in cold water to give them a “shock.” This way, it would be easier to peel off their skin. Once cold, peel off the skin, cut into cubes, and set aside.
- In a large skillet pan over medium to low heat, sauté garlic in olive oil. Avoid browning the garlic. Add the tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about one minute.
- Add the Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto sauce and tomatoes. Add the cooked pasta and mix thoroughly. Cook for a few more minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread or crackers.