July became too nice for me and allowed me to catch up on my backlog films. I was able to finish season 4 of The L Word too. Ha! I’m so glad! The weather made me stay at home on weekends and I’m glad I did.
And I have been addicted to South Korean neo noir/thrillers films. I posted two very rare FB Status saying:
South Korean neo noir films really got me. NO HOLDS BARRED. Heart-wrenching emotions. Unexpected and odd twists and turns. Bloody scenarios. Full of vengeance. Heartbreaking at some point. Pucha, mapapamura ka na lang minsan.
South Korean neo noir/thriller films keep on crushing my heart. Pakingsyet, nakaka-down paminsan. May ‘Please don’t die’ line pa ‘ko pero sige pa rin sa pagnood.
Anyway, here’s the list:
1. Her by Spike Jonze. 2013.
2. Rise of the Guardians by Peter Ramsey. 2012.
3. Pee Mak by Banjong Pisanthanakun. 2013.
4. Speedy Scandal by Kang Hyeong-cheol. 2008.
5. Romantic Island by Kang Cheol-woo. 2008.
6. A Dirty Carnival by Ha Yoo. 2006.
7. The Man from Nowhere by Jeong-beom Lee. 2010.
8. New World by Hoon-jung Park. 2013.
9. A Bittersweet Life by Kim Jee-woon. 2005.
10. Dinner for Schmucks by Jay Roach. 2010.